5 Bad Habits to Avoid When Preparing Your Summer Body
By Kayla Incorvaia
Planning a vacation can be stressful. It’s common to lose a hold of your normal fitness routine when things get hectic. PopSugar posted an article mentioning 5 bad habits to avoid when preparing your summer body.
1.Don’t crash diet
-You may think that not eating will make you look skinnier when in reality, your body needs nutrients in order to function properly. The key is eliminating unhealthy foods that pack on fat and controlling your portions.
2.Don’t shy away from the weights
-Weights are your friend! In addition to toning you, it burns fat during and after your workout. For the ladies, working with low weights and high reps will leave you toned, not bulky.
3.Don’t stick to only cardio
-Cardio is great for increasing your heart rate, breaking a sweat and burning off a big chunk of calories. But using weights will tone your muscles for that sculpted look.
4.Don’t do the same workouts every time
-Your body becomes accustom to doing the same workouts everyday. Challenge yourself by increasing the speed on the treadmill or picking up a heavier weight.
5.Don’t body shame yourself
-Fitness is a process that takes hard work and time. Love your body at every stage of the process and be proud of all of your hard.
A few personal tips that have worked for me:
- Bring a backpack and load it with snacks so you’re not starving yourself or caving in and buying a full meal when you just need a snack
- I bring a couple of protein bars with me and a small container of protein powder that can be mixed with water as a meal replacement. Nuts are also easy to pack and a great snack to hold you over until your next meal.
- I ALWAYS have water on me. Dehydration can sneak up on you and make you feel exhausted and sick. Always have water on you and stay hydrated.
- Sometimes when you feel slightly hungry, you could just be thirsty. Drink at least 8 oz. of water and wait at least 20 minutes to see if you’re still hungry.
- Don’t feel obligated to buy a whole meal if you’re not hungry enough for it. Just because others are indulging around you, doesn’t mean you have to also. Order an appetizer and pick on it until you’re content.
- Bring a frozen water bottle with you. It will keep your snacks cold and when it melts you will have a crisp bottle of water to enjoy.
**WARNNG: These tricks worked for me but aren’t suitable for everyone. ALWAYS: consult your health professional before making changes and adjustments to your health & fitness lifestyle.**
Be FIT. Be Productive. Be Jōbu.